Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

Property Settlement      Children's Issues      Consent Orders      Divorce      De Facto Relationships      Spousal Maintenance


For a divorce to be granted, the Family Court needs to be satisfied that you have been separated for a period of at least one year preceding the filing of the Application and that your arrangements for any children are proper.

An Application for Divorce can be filed by either party to the marriage or both parties jointly.

In some circumstances, you can be divorced when you are separated but still live under the same roof, or even when there have been short periods of reconciliation since the major separation took place.

Bannerman Solicitors can assist you in making or responding to any Applications for Divorce and ensuring that all steps are taken and are dealt with in the appropriate manner.