Family Law – Children (parenting)
After any separation, determining who a child should live with and what time they spend with the other parent can be stressful. Bannerman Solicitors can assist at all stages of any parenting matter, including providing initial advice to assist parties in coming to their own agreement if possible, in any mediation or family dispute resolution before or after court proceedings are commenced and/or in representing a person throughout court proceedings, including up to and including Trial.
Bannerman Solicitors has a wealth of knowledge in parenting matters and 4 of our practitioners are accredited Independent Children’s Lawyers, more than any other firm in the State.
Our practitioners have worked in a range of parenting matters, including:
- Disputes in relation to live with/ spend time with arrangements
- Family violence
- Complex drug and alcohol issues and/or mental health issues
- Child abuse
- International and domestic relocation
- Disputes in relation to other parenting decisions, such as schooling, religion or medical decisions for a child
- Parentage testing
- Representing and assisting grandparents and other family members
- Urgent Recovery Orders, including urgent Recovery Orders pursuant to the International Hague Convention
- Representing children
- Injunctions in relation to abusive or controlling behaviour
Even in the most amicable of circumstances, advice is usually required in order to ensure the most appropriate arrangements are put in place for your children.