Family Law – Financial (property and / or maintenance)
After a marriage or de facto relationship has broken down, dividing up property is important to both parties. Some financial matters can be straight forward, others can be extremely complicated.
Bannerman Solicitors can assist at all stages of a financial matter, including providing initial advice to assist parties in coming to their own agreement if possible, mediation before or after court proceedings are commenced and/or in representing a person throughout court proceedings, including up to and including Trial.
Our experienced practitioners have worked in a range of financial matters including:
- Identifying all existing property interests
- Division of parties’ assets and liabilities
- Interim property distribution and litigation funding
- Spousal maintenance
- Cross jurisdictional issues, including relating to equity, property and corporate structures
- Dealing with and identifying complex business, partnership and trust structures and assets and liabilities
- Exclusive possession of property
- Injunctions to preserve property interests
- Superannuation splitting orders
- Binding Financial Agreements
- Binding Child Support Agreements
In financial matters you need access to prompt, practical and professional legal advice so you can make informed decisions about your future.